From the moment Erin set foot in Belize back in 2005, she instantly fell in love with the country. She knew one day she’d eventually live there, and after seven years as a tourist making annual visits, she was able to fulfill her dream. Since August 2012, Erin has called Ambergris Caye, Belize, her part time home. She spends an average of six months per year on the island and specializes in content related to Belize.
In 2013, Erin authored the majority of Belize’s official visitor magazine, Destination Belize.
She is AFAR Travel Magazine’s local Belize Expert and authored the AFAR Guide to Belize. Erin has worked with the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) and the Belize Tourism Industry Association (BTIA), even representing the country at a Crisis Management Tourism Media Workshop in Guatemala in 2013.
Utilizing her expertise gained while working on other tourism projects around the world, Erin has partnered with major Belize tourism brands and local media to help promote travel to Belize. She has spoken several times as an expert on blogging in Belize, including at Belize’s First Tourism and Marketing Summit and TBEX Cancun, the world’s largest conference for travel bloggers and new media specialists. She has been cited as one of the “Top Belizean Brands to Follow on Twitter.”
Erin was invited to be a judge at Belize’s biggest Lobsterfest celebration in San Pedro for 2013 and 2014. She has been involved in charity work on the island, including coordinating a “soup kitchen” event to benefit needy families in San Pedro, Belize.
Some of Erin’s published works on Belize include:
- Destination Belize Magazine 2013
- AFAR Travel Magazine: Official Online Guide to Belize
- BootsNAll (Belizelogue): Itinerary for 10 Days in Belize
- BootsNAll (Belizelogue): What to Eat in Belize: Famous Belizean Foods
- Roam Right Travel Insurance: 5 Not-To-Miss Outdoor Activities in Belize
- Art of Adventuring: Going Slow in Central America: Exploring Caye Caulker’s “The Split” in Belize
- No Checked Bags: Belize’s BETEX Tourism Conference: Gaining a New Respect for Travel Agents
- Our Tasty Travels Dining in Belize: Casa Picasso Offers Caye Coffee Experience
- Examiner: Red Carpet Premiere of Belize’s First Telenovela
- Trivago: 6 Luxury Eco-Lodges and Private Island Resorts in Belize
In addition to her regular writing, look for Erin’s new Belize website, Caye To Belize, to launch later this year.