Erin regularly contributes to a number of sites and has had work appear in a number of other online publications. Here is a sampling of some of her published articles and blog posts for sites other than her own:
Main author of 2013 Destination Belize — Belize’s official visitors’ magazine published annually. Erin wrote the destination pieces for each district in Belize. http://www.destinationbelize.com/
English language editor for award-winning Spanish chef Daniel Negreira’s second cookbook released in 2012. Chef Negreira is owner of DN Innovacion in Taipei, one of the top restaurants in Taiwan. In addition to assisting with the English language editing, Erin wrote one of the book’s dedications.
Current and Ongoing Publications:
AFAR Travel Magazine
Erin is AFAR’s local Belize expert and authored the AFAR Guide to Belize.
Roam Right Travel Insurance
Erin is one of Roam Right’s bloggers, specializing in food travel, luxury travel, and Disney Theme Park travel.
Erin has written several location and lodging guides for Hipmunk.com. Some of these include sections like this:
Erin is a writer for TripAdvisor UK wherein she authors commissioned guides to certain destinations. Published guides include:
- Ultra Luxurious California Wine Country Escapes
- Beyond Tahiti: Other French Polynesian Islands You Need to Visit
- 6 Luxury Eco Lodges and Private Island Resorts in Belize
Erin writes a number of the specific location blogs for Viator, the biggest and most trusted tour aggregator companies. She authors the Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Egypt, Dubai, Mexico, and Guatemala blogs, and contributes other articles on French Polynesia, Belize, Nicaragua, Honduras, and Slovakia.
- Best Maya Sites near San Ignacio, Belize
- Exploring Taipei’s Ningxia Night Market
- Discovering Coffee Culture in Nicaragua
Former Clients or One-off Pieces:
Art of Adventuring (Formerly Art of Backpacking)
Erin was previously of the staff bloggers and regular contributors to the high-ranking indie travel blog, Art of Adventuring. Not a backpacker, Erin shared destination pieces, food finds, and other cultural tips from various destinations around the world.
- Going Slow in Central America: Exploring Caye Caulker’s “The Split” in Belize
- Traditional Foods in Belgium: Liege and Brussels Style Waffles
- Japan’s Deadly Cuisine: Eating Fugu or Pufferfish
Erin’s RSS feed on Art of Backpacking: http://artofbackpacking.com/author/erindesantiago/
AOL Travel’s Gadling
Erin had several posts appear on Gadling.com prior to the Huffington Post merger.
- Disneyland in Sand: The Blankenberge Sand Sculpture Festival
- Coming Face to Face with History in Hiroshima, Japan
- Summer Vacation in Tahiti: 5 Reasons to visit French Polynesia’s Tuamotu Atolls
- Fine Dining in Hong Kong: Mandarin Bar +Grill at Mandarin Oriental
Gadling RSS feed: http://www.gadling.com/bloggers/erin-de-santiago/
Erin is the “Best of” Food and Drink writer for CBS Sacramento and occasionally writes for other topics within the “Best of” genre for them.
Erin’s posts on CBS Sacramento: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/tag/erin-de-santiago/
BootsnAll – Belize Why Go Site
Erin wrote two articles for BootsnAll’s dedicated “Why Go” Belize site
Destinations Travel Magazine
- Food and Wine Summer 2011 Issue: Wining and Dining in Sacramento (page 20-23)
- Featured “Pint Professor” under new interactive TRIP section: Experiencing Beer in Belgium: Visiting the Oldest Trappist Monastery
Erin had the opportunity to contribute to Shangri-La Hotel’s Inner Circle Publication in 2012
- Betting on the World Famous Chicken Drop in Ambergris Caye, Belize
- Drifting Through the Icebergs in the Gastineau Channels in Juneau, Alaska
- Snorkeling the World’s Second Longest Barrier Reef in Belize
Erin was one of two official bloggers for TravBuddy.com and blogged twice a week on topics, destinations, and news that might be of interest to the 1 million+ TravBuddy community members. TravBuddy is a site designed to help people find travel partners, share blogs and travel photos, and post travel reviews of hotels, restaurants, attractions, etc.
- Japan: When is the Right Time to Return?
- Japan Update: Tokyo Disneyland Resort Reopening
- An Inside Look at the World’s Tallest Hotel, the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong
TravBuddy RSS feed: http://www.travbuddy.com/blog/authors/5-Erin-De-Santiago-poohstanggt
Erin previously wrote several travel topics for the national edition of Examiner.com. These include Belize Travel, International Travel Examiner, Islands Travel Examiner, Culinary Travel Examiner, Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner, and Luxury Hotels Examiner. In additional, Erin wrote about three non-travel, A&E topics (Adele, Pop Culture Trends and Tim Burton).
Google PR 8/10
Belize Travel Examiner – RSS Feed
- Playboy Playmates Lauren Anderson and Jaime Edmondson visit Belize
- Belikin Beer: The local brew of Belize
- Recap of Belize’s 2012 BETEX Tourism Expo held in Belize City April 25 and 26
International Travel Examiner- RSS Feed
- Chinese Culture: What is the dragon Boat Festival Holiday?
- Langham Place, Mongkok Review: 5 Star Hotel in Kowloon
- Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company launches world class loyalty program
Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner — RSS Feed
- Special ceremony held to commemorate groundbreaking of Shanghai Disney Resort
- Duffy the Disney Bear officially debuts at Hong Kong Disneyland on November 19
- Disneyland Paris Trip Report: Photos from the new Toy Story Playland at Walt Disney Studios Park
- Duffy the Disney Bear makes his official debut at Disney California Adventure
Culinary Travel Examiner- RSS Feed
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts launch Culinary Journey Across Asia program
- Become acquainted with Japanese sake at city’super in Shanghai, China
Islands Travel Examiner – RSS Feed
- Experience Southeast Asian paradise at Pulau Joyo, a new private island
- Paul Gauguin Cruises: Special onboard guest appearances scheduled for 2011-2012
Luxury Hotels Examiner – RSS Feed
- Luxury Boutique Hotel Eclat in Taipei offers special honeymoon package
- Observatory hotel named Australia’s Best Luxury Hotel by Gourmet Traveller
Erin is the previous Asian Cuisine Topic Editor and Feature writer for Suite101, with 80+ articles published.
Profile on Suite101: http://www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/erindesantiago
Editor’s Choice Award: Five Snack Foods to Try at Taiwan Night Markets
- Cookbook Review: Quick and Easy Vietnamese by Nancie McDermott
- Thai Cuisine and Complementary Wine Pairings
Erin had the opportunity to be one of a select few who worked on the beta site (pre-launch) of the new website for award winning and renowned wine expert and writer, Natalie MacLean. Erin has published several wine reviews and had the opportunity to provide feedback and suggestions prior to the site going live.
- How to Stay Healthy While You Travel: 5 Reasons Taking an Annual Vacation is so Important (pen name)
- First Person: Bad Experiences with Match.com (pen name)
- Erin has contributed a number of ghostwritten articles for various sections of the popular women’s site, Vocalpoint.